Fire reported at Stafford Avenue convenience store

An undetermined cause resulted in a fire at the Star 7 Convenience Store Tuesday night a little after 11 p.m. Police responded to the scene, 104 Stafford Ave., for a burglar alarm activation when they found the business to be on fire. A press release said an attached business was evacuated, along with tenants from apartments adjacent to the business, and nobody was injured in the blaze.
The Bristol Fire Department was able to put out the fire, and damage was contained to the convenience store, and the attached businesses. After the fire was extinguished, tenants were allowed to return to their apartments.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call Bristol police at (860) 584-3000.