Bristol business evacuated after carbon monoxide incident

A Bristol building was evacuated after a reported carbon monoxide incident.

According to a press release from the Bristol Police Department, fire officials evacuated employees of a call center, run by Faneuil Inc. at 32 Valley Street, earlier today. The Bristol Fire Department also evacuated employees of several other businesses located within the building, and the police department assisted fire officials during the incident, the release said.

Approximately 30 to 40 employees in the building received treatment at the scene, and were sent to several local hospitals for symptoms associated with carbon monoxide exposure, the release said. There were no reports of any serious injuries at the scene, the release said.

At this time the fire department is clearing the building of any remaining carbon monoxide, and a preliminary investigation determined that the cause of the carbon monoxide may have been a construction company working in the building, the release said.