The Young Professionals for United Way and Webster Bank are accepting donations for unused items for Bristol’s Annual Re-Gifting Program. Re-gifting your unneeded items will allow over 1,000 children from low-income areas in Bristol to select two gifts for their parents or caregivers.
If you’ve received gifts in the past that for one reason or another were never used, consider donating them.
Some ideas are: gloves, scarves, mugs, sports memorabilia, games, perfume/cologne, decorative items, jewelry, etc. There also is a need for gift bags and tissue paper.
YPUW and Webster Bank have taken on the task of coordinating this community program.
The gifts will be collected until Dec. 12. During the month of December, the donated items will be distributed to select locations throughout Bristol where children can “shop” for a holiday gift for their loved ones.
Gift items can be dropped off at the locations below:
- Bristol Public Library, 5 High St., Bristol
- Manross Library: 260 Central St., Forestville
- United Way of West Central CT: 200 Main St.
- Webster Bank 647 Farmington Ave.
- Webster Bank 150 Main St.
- Webster Bank 797 Pine St., Forestville